Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Hammer and Chisel - Week 1 Review

Wow!!  I am loving H&C!  The workouts are challenging, but doable.  I have had to modify several moves, but I'm always okay with modifications.  Gives me a goal to work towards!  My legs and booty have been ON FIRE during several workouts, and I am definitely sore; but I love the feeling that I'm accomplishing something, so being sore doesn't bother me.  Longest workout so far is about 45 minutes, and the others are about 30 minutes.  Definitely short enough that I can fit into my routine!  You do need weights and a resistance band with a door attachment or pull up bar.  We also have a bench, and I've enjoyed having the bench for many of the moves.  They do show ways to modify the moves without a bench as well, so not a requirement.

Loving the workouts definitely helps keep me motivated, but I won't lie, I've had two mornings that I was VERY tempted to stay in my cozy bed!!  I made myself workout anyway, despite having spent two nights with virtually no sleep from various kiddos waking me up throughout the night.  Unfortunately, I'm not one to fall asleep easy, so when they wake me up, I struggle to get back to sleep.  Once I'm awake for a couple of hours, that voice in my head telling me to skip my workout gets pretty convincing!  But, I tell myself that I know change is not going to come easy, and if you want change, you have to push yourself!  So I roll out of bed, groggy and tired, put on my clothes, grab a few drinks of cold water, and get started.  I have never regretting waking up to workout!!

Our nutrition has been on track for 7 days now, and we are both feeling great!  We got rid of all the junk leftover from the holidays, so we haven't had tempting foods in the house - helps so much when first getting started!  I do find when I drink my shakes regularly and workout, I begin to have fewer cravings.  Last year, when I joined my first Challenge group and began drinking shakes, was the first year I've come out of tax season having lost weight and feeling great.  Huge accomplishment!!  Working long hours, 6 to 7 days a week, and actually having the energy to workout was a big deal for me.  Staying on track with nutrition was even more of an accomplishment!!!  I'm looking to lead my own Challenge Groups throughout the months of February, March, and April, so if you want to join me, let me know!  I'll be sharing lots of easy recipes, because it's the only way we'll be able to prepare our food through tax season!!



No comments:

Post a Comment