Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Hammer and Chisel Update and 21 Day Fix Tuscan Pork Chops

Wow!  I cannot believe we are at Day 20 of Hammer and Chisel!  The past several days I have been super sore, I'm guessing because I am finally increasing weight and trying to push myself more.  There have been a few days that I've been tempted to skip, but I've managed to workout every day according to the calendar.  I really do look forward to the workouts and enjoy them, even though they are tough.  But it's easy to let lack of sleep try to change my mind!  It's helpful knowing I'm reporting in to my Challenge Group each day, and that DJ is following the program as well.  Having a partner has always helped me stay accountable!  Here's hoping we can stay on track while my work schedule gets crazy!

We've had great meals the past few days, including the paleo chili I shared the other day, the taco bake, and the tuscan pork chops below.  Snacks have been my standard - peanut butter on toasted ezekiel bread (had the cinnamon raisin this week and it's YUMMY!) or sliced apples with peanut butter; scrambled eggs with spinach, tomato, onion and a little cheddar cheese or omelette; egg salad (2 boiled eggs, dijon mustard, dill) on toasted ezekiel bread.  I probably ought to spice up my snacks, but I really enjoy them!  DJ has enjoyed some of the same snacks, and also makes a great baked apple oatmeal recipe I'll share soon.  We are planning a few new recipes for next week, and will share once we've tested!

Tuscan Pork Chops

4 pork chops
4 tsp Olive Oil
5 cloves of garlic
2 15 oz cans diced tomato, drained
1 onion, diced
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp sage
1 tsp basil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Place 2 tsp olive oil in pan, turning to medium heat.  When heated, sear pork chops for 2 minutes, each side.  Place pork chops in 9 by 13 baking dish.

Saute onion and garlic in remaining 2 tsp olive oil.  When onions are translucent, pour in tomatoes, and stir in seasonings.  Top pork chops with onion/tomato mixture.  Bake in oven for 30 minutes.


We served with seasoned baked okra, and it was delish!!

21 Day Fix Challengers:  The above was 1 red (we had bone in pork chops, so it looks much bigger than 1 red!), 1.5 green, 1 tsp.

No comments:

Post a Comment