Monday, August 7, 2017

Marinated Summer Veggies and Chicken Sausage

Wow, I didn't even realize how long it's been since I've shared recipes on the blog!  I've been creating detailed meal plans each week, and I've included recipes and grocery lists with each meal plan for our family and my groups.  It's been such an easy way to keep track of recipes, that I've let my blog fall to the way side!  I've had a few friends request recipes lately though, so decided I need to start putting more effort into the blog.  I'll be posting several recipes over the next few weeks, many of which we have tried for the first time along side the new athletic/agility training program I've been following.  You definitely will not feel deprived when you add these recipes to your weekly meals!  

The first recipe is one we found on the team beachbody webiste, and it's a favorite in our house and among the members of my groups!  




Ingredients
·         2 tsp . olive oil
·         2 Tbsp . balsamic vinegar
·         2 Tbsp . fresh lime juice
·         2 cloves garlic , chopped
·         Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
·         1 lb . green beans , ends removed
·         2 medium zucchini , sliced
·         2 medium summer (crookneck) squash, sliced
·         1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
·         1 medium green bell pepper , sliced
·         1 medium red onion , sliced
·         4 cooked chicken sausages , sliced
·         2 Tbsp . chopped fresh basil
Instructions
1.   To make marinade, combine oil, vinegar, lime juice, and garlic in a medium bowl; whisk to blend.
2.   Season with salt and pepper, if desired; whisk to blend. Set aside.
3.   Place green beans, zucchini, summer squash, tomatoes, bell pepper, and onion in a re-sealable plastic bag (or large bowl). Add marinade; shake to blend. Let sit for 30 minutes.
4.   Preheat grill or broiler to high.
5.   Place veggie mixture on a large sheet pan (or broiler pan). Add sausages; mix well. Spread out evenly.
6.   Grill or broil for 4 to 8 minutes, turning occasionally, until vegetables begin to soften.
7.   Sprinkle with basil before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment