Thursday, February 25, 2016

Meal Planning

I typically plan our weekly meals on Wednesday and Thursday of each week.  I try to base some of our meals on items that are on sale each week to keep costs down.  We've found our grocery budget drops pretty significantly when we plan and stick to our menu.  Not only do we look for sale items, we try to incorporate one crock pot recipe, and mix recipes based on complexity.  No one wants to spend the entire weekend in the kitchen (believe me, there are recipes we've planned that left us that way - not again!!).  Once you've planned and executed a few weeks, you'll get the swing of it and find what works for you.

I'll be posting Weekly Meal Plans in the coming months, though may only post a few until after April 15th.  All meal plans are based on the 21 Day Fix/Hammer and Chisel Meal Plan.  The plan I'll post is for someone in the lowest calorie/container count.  My husband increases his container counts as needed with a serving of oatmeal and fruit, extra protein at dinner, a whey protein shake, etc.  If you have any questions, email me here!

Here's the first weekly meal plan, and sorry for the size of the picture!  Still new at figuring out some of the tricks to posting!  Believe me, the larger size here is a much better option than what I originally attempted to post - would have required a magnifying glass to read ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment